wondering why to add amla into your diet? you’ve just arrived to the right place, here’s a guide on why amla is considered as one of the top super foods , and how consuming this can transform your over all health.
Amla is a power house of nutrients, a super food, jam packed with richest nutrients that heal ailments, maintains good health, boosts immunity, keeps skin and hair healthy, rejuvenates, repairs and prevents multiple diseases in the human body.
Amla berry also known as indian gooseberry has a medicinal importance in ancient ayurvedic system since ages.It has been used in more than 300 ayurvedic formulations, two of the most popular formulations are triphala and chyavanprash. In both the preparations amla is used as a main ingredient with other fruits and formulations.
These wonder berries contain the highest amount of vitamin-c of all ripe fruits in the world i.e ~3000mg vitamin-c/fruit, also it has higher concentration of antioxidants, most minerals, amino acids and polyphenols. Amla is known to be the best of the rejuvenative herbs in ayurveda that removes toxins, rejuvenates and protects cells.
this article is meant to share with you 7 of the most significant & surprising health benefits of amla and why to include them in your diet, considering the modern research.
- One of the best anti ageing fruit and has acne clearing properties.
- Rejuvenates repairs and protects skin cells.
- Protects skin from free radical damage.
- Deep cleans and moisturizes the skin due to the presence of enormous amount of vitamin-c.
- Improves complexion and enhances glow & luster to the skin.
- Keeps pimples at bay by purifying blood.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles effectively.
- Reduces sunstroke and sunburns and protects skin from harmful ultraviolet-B rays hence prevents photo ageing.
- Revitalizes the skin and improves skin condition.
- Useful in treatment of various skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, skin cancers, herpes infection, pigmentation, acne, rashes etc.,
- Increases skin elasticity by boosting collagen production.
- Increases water content of the skin and maintains skin hydration.
- Stimulates hair growth faster for voluminous hair.
- Enhances iron absorption which is necessary for faster hair growth.
- Strengthens hair follicles.
- Treats scalp and keeps it dandruff free.
- Enhances the growth of keratinocytes.
- Reduces hair thinning.
- Prevents premature graying of hair.
- Tannins present in amla regulates hair, teeth, nails and bones health by enhancing the production of RBC’s.
- Improves eye sight.
- Helpful in the treatment of ARMD (age related macular degenration).
- Helpful in the treatment of allergies and infections like allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis(red eye) etc.,
- Prevents diabetic cataract.
- Enhances memory.
- Sharpens intellect.
- Repairs chromosomal abnormalities.
- Maintains brain function.
- Useful in the treatment of alzheimer’s disease, parkinson’s disease, dementia, depression and various neurological disorders.
- Significantly increases WBC’s the immunity cells and RBC’s.
- Reduces inflammations.
- Protects cells against bacteria and microbes and resists bacterial infections.
- Repairs oxidative damage and prevents further damage to tissues.
- Regulates immune system.
- Helps in losing weight.
6. wound healing
- Repairs stomach ulcers and mouth ulcers.
- Enhances collagen production.
- Heals multiple skin conditions allergies,infections and inflammations like psoriasis, herpes infection,skin cancers,pigmentation etc.,
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Treats cancers and reduces the side effects caused by chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Effectively controls and manages diabetes.
- Reduces liver detoxification and supports liver function.
- Acts as an anemic agent, reduces iron deficiency, enhances RBC production and iron absorption.
How to consume it?
Best way to consume amla is to have it raw with a pinch of salt, as it is at its richest form when raw, it doesn’t mean that other forms of amla lack nutrients, there is not a significant loss of nutrients having it in another forms like, amla powder, amla pickle, amla murabba, amla juice, amla candy etc., doesn’t matter what form you consume in, it is important to make sure that you consume it on a daily basis for the best results.If you have a cold body type you can consume it on alternate days just to avoid cold.Seek doctors advice before consuming if you’re pregnant or a lactating mother.